Why are Likes missing from Forum replies?

Someone may want to like a response, but not necessarily up-vote it.  Essentially, thanks for the reply.

Is there somewhere the widget can be configured to add this capability.

Else, I presume this could be added with custom widget dev using the 'Like REST Endpoints'.

Parents
  • Adding back likes would be a relatively simple widget change using $core_v2_ui.Like(). See the comments widgets for examples. Likes were removed be default from forum replies when the voting mechanism was added, since they fulfill very similar purposes.

• I have been looking at the code and found only one place in the comments list widget under common-rendered-reply-body.vm just under the votes.

<li class="navigation-list-item">
    	#if ($accessingUserIsRegistered)
    		#set ($likeFormat = '{toggle} {count}')
    	#else
    		#set ($likeFormat = '{count}')
    	#end
    	$core_v2_ui.Like($comment.CommentId, $comment.CommentContentTypeId, "%{ Format = $likeFormat, IncludeTip = 'true' }")
    </li>				

I took this and added to similar section in Forums - Thread under same vm, but not sure how to configure it.  I have tried th following, but it has not impact.

#else
    	#end
     	$core_v2_ui.Like($forumReply.Id, $forumReply.ContentTypeId, "%{ Format = $likeFormat, IncludeTip = 'true' }")
    </li>	

Not sure why it is not working.  Did I miss something?

• I have been looking at the code and found only one place in the comments list widget under common-rendered-reply-body.vm just under the votes.

#else
    	#end
    	$core_v2_ui.Like($comment.CommentId, $comment.CommentContentTypeId, "%{ Format = $likeFormat, IncludeTip = 'true' }")
    </li>				

I took this and added to similar section in Forums - Thread under same vm, but not sure how to configure it.  I have tried th following, but it has not impact.

#else
    	#end
     	$core_v2_ui.Like($forumReply.Id, $forumReply.ContentTypeId, "%{ Format = $likeFormat, IncludeTip = 'true' }")
    </li>	

Not sure why it is not working.  Did I miss something?

Children