User Documentation

Hi,

Is there any decent user documentation for Telligent v10 around. I've only come across documentation with very limited information or lots of broken links!!

For instance I know how set the layout\theme\config\widgets for the landing page of a particular group once it's been created. But how do you set\edit the "Default" layout\theme\config\widgets for the "Group" landing pages.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Parents
  • Until recently there was a pretty good documentation. It beats me why this is gone. The current documentation is something of a folder. Can we please have our old documentation back? It was really good.

• The new documentation aims to address specific questions in full whereas much of the older style documentation addressed components of topics, often with details that could be gleaned from viewing the UI originally. The new documentation is best navigated via search, but does cover most of the same informative topics as the old documentation. We will continue to add new content as is necessary, following the same complete-topic approach.

• I understand the move. I would do that too. Essentially you are restructuring the wiki tree from alphabetical to logical content areas. Until recent releases, wiki sort order was ONLY alphabetical so I guess now that that is lifted, it is time to restructure.

I can assure you that we are extreme users of the platform and the documentation, especially in hybrid ops mode. Since the navigation was ....well... 'not very useful' in the past we already got used to search as our paradigm and we ALWAYS found what we looked for. That is no longer the case and that worries me. I'm fine with a restructure but not with a downgrade to Mickey Mouse state. The documentation was really good. Quirky but good :-)

I also point to a lot of urls in your documentation to train our Group owners. I guess your built in redirect schema (introduced in 9) is not working because I should have been redirected to the new archive url..

Can you confirm the content is retained and not stripped?

• I understand the move. I would do that too. Essentially you are restructuring the wiki tree from alphabetical to logical content areas. Until recent releases, wiki sort order was ONLY alphabetical so I guess now that that is lifted, it is time to restructure.

I can assure you that we are extreme users of the platform and the documentation, especially in hybrid ops mode. Since the navigation was ....well... 'not very useful' in the past we already got used to search as our paradigm and we ALWAYS found what we looked for. That is no longer the case and that worries me. I'm fine with a restructure but not with a downgrade to Mickey Mouse state. The documentation was really good. Quirky but good :-)

I also point to a lot of urls in your documentation to train our Group owners. I guess your built in redirect schema (introduced in 9) is not working because I should have been redirected to the new archive url..

Can you confirm the content is retained and not stripped?

Children