Declined
over 1 year ago

Interesting suggestion but there are no plans to make this type of change. While it's supported to allow both thread types in a single forum setup, most configurations are either discussion or question only. Even from the discussion below a feature like this could do more harm than good or create an awkward interaction.  

Forum posts that end with ? should be auto-set as questions

For example, when posting a question in our community.telligent.com forum we support both discussions and q/a.

If I post "How do I change the theme?" we should automatically make this a question.

Parents
  • Some discussions threads could end with a ? in the title or post though (or some people with bad grammar could end a title for a discussion with a ? too).

I think a prompt would be a better option "Is this a question or a discussion?". Give the user the choice.

Comment
  • Some discussions threads could end with a ? in the title or post though (or some people with bad grammar could end a title for a discussion with a ? too).

I think a prompt would be a better option "Is this a question or a discussion?". Give the user the choice.

Children
No Data