You are about to start on Telligent's Developer eLearning. The training is presented in 7 modules, with each module divided into a series of lessons. Each lesson is presented on a separate wiki page. At the beginning of each module you will see an overview of what is covered in that module with some high-level learning objectives. Those learning objectives are then expanded in more detail on each wiki lesson page, listing the knowledge and skills you should gain with the completion of each lesson.
Wiki quiz pages have now been added to the Developer course with a built-in 80% passing rate assumed. Quizzes appear as the last wiki page in each module, except for Modules 4, 5 and 6 where a great deal of content is presented.
- In Module 4 a quiz appears after the 4th lesson and a second quiz at the end of the module.
- In Module 5 a quiz appears after the 3rd lesson and a second quiz at the end of the module.
- In Module 6 there are quizzes after the 5th, 7th, and 8th lessons and at the end of the module.
This reduces the number of questions and ensures you are following along at more frequent intervals.
If you are taking Telligent University courses informally, use the quizzes to check your understanding of the content as you complete it. These modules have been sequenced to build upon each other with earlier demos and overviews and then more detailed walk-throughs. The quizzes ensure that you are still on track.
If you are formally completing these courses for certification, you should pass each quiz before moving on. The system tracks your scores, so when you score lower than 80% on any quiz you are expected to review where you may have missed questions and re-take any quizzes you failed to pass.The modules are presented in a specific order so you can learn developer processes and skills in a simple-to-complex sequence:
- Module 01.00 - Group Taxonomy reviews the use of groups, membership, roles and permissions that enable users to gain access to content in the ways you want them to. You will hear many references in the following modules to how you can develop customizations at the site-level vs. the group-level and how you can configure widgets to work within groups or across the entire site.
- Module 02.00 – Platform API Overview provides an overview of the Platform API with its three component APIs—REST API, Widget API and In-Process API. Telligent Evolution 6.0 distinguishes itself from its earlier 5.x versions in the way it uses these three APIs and plugins.
- Module 03.00 – Platform Overview previews the use of templates and extensions to customize emails. You’ll see an overview of how to develop some simple customizations that preview some of the more complicated customizations demonstrated in later modules.
- Module 04.00 – Themes describes what components make up themes and then demonstrates the first steps of building and adapting themes. You then see two lessons with more complicated customizations using a Custom Navigation plugin and a New Post Link plugin.
- Module 05.00 – Basic Widgets covers the use of the Widget Studio. There are then 5 lessons about building Studio Widgets, leading up to creating a widget in the Widget Studio at the end of that module.
- Module 07.00 – CS Modules describes the use of CS Modules with several examples and demonstrations.
The videos make frequent reference to documentation that can be accessed on Telligent.com. This is not a memorization course but rather one that requires the use of tools and online documentation. Our goal with this eLearning tool is to provide you with a context of what exists online to build and customize themes, widgets, etc. to address your specific needs. These videos provide a more detailed walk-through that should help you use all these resources more effectively.