Table of Contents
The User - Notifications widget displays the list of configured notifications applicable to the user. It displays up to 7 days' activity and the number of items to display (configured below). You can also configure how long the notification is displayed and whether or not it's displayed on the desktop.
This widget works in the site footer.
The configuration options of this widget allow you to specify whether to show the notifications on the desktop in slide-out messages (additionally to the default Notification Queue); how long to display the desktop messages, and how many items to display in the Queue within a seven-day limit. You can't use this configuration to change the appearance of the notifications. To do this, you'd need to edit the widget or theme.
You must enable notification plugins for notifications on the Manage plugin modules tab concerning specific notifications to be raised on your site. By default, all of these plugins are enabled. See the list of these notifications here.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page.
- Click Edit Footer.
- Click Edit Footer again.
- Select and place the User - Notifications widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can change the following options:
- Notification Limit - The is the maximum number of notifications to display concurrently.
- Duration - The is the length of time (in seconds) that the slide-out notification message is displayed.
Desktop Notifications - When checked, notifications will be displayed on the desktop if this is possible.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Footer.
- Click Save Page.