Displays a tag cloud.
If no tags are found, the widget does not appear unless the Enable No Tags Message option is selected in the widget configuration.
This widget works on just about any page on the site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Tag Cloud widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can make the following changes:
- Widget title - Click Change to edit this widget's name, such as changing "Tag Cloud" to "Tags," by entering a new name in the Widget Title field.
- (Automatically Detect) - Depending on the type of page where the widget resides, the tags from the appropriate application are displayed.
- Forums - Only tags for forums within the current context are displayed.
- Weblogs - Only tags for blogs within the current context are displayed.
- Media Galleries - Only tags for file galleries within the current context are displayed.
- Wikis - Only tags for wikis within the current context are displayed.
- Ignore Filter Tags - If checked, the tag cloud will not be filtered by tags identified in the URL. This can be useful if the tag cloud will be shown on a tag browser page.
- Maximum Number of Tags - Limits the number of tags displayed in the tag cloud, sorted by most often used. Default is 25.
- Minimum Number of Posts per Tag - Limits the display of tags to only those with at least this number of posts. Default is 1.
- Tags to Filter by - A comma-separated list of tags to filter the tag cloud by.
- Show Post Count - If checked, the number of posts referencing each tag will be shown with each tag.
- Enable No Tags Message - If checked, the tag cloud widget is displayed even if there are no tags for the current context.
- Text to Display when No Tags are Available - If Enable No Tags Message is checked, this message is displayed within the widget. Default is No tags have been created or used yet.
- Link each Tag to:
- Site Tag Browser - Tag search results for the entire community.
- Contextual Tag Browser - Tag search results that are contextual to the location you're in. This is the default.
- (Nothing) - The tags in the tag cloud are not links.Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.