This widget allows you to track the search results for a specific term. The following search syntax operations are supported:
[term], example: dog pony
[term] OR [term], example: dog OR pony
[term] AND [term], example: dog AND pony
+[term], example: +dog +pony
-[term], example: +dog -pony
"[phrase]", example: "dog and pony"
[field]:[type], examples: type:blog pony, or title:"dog and pony"
[wildcard], example: dog*
This widget works on just about any page on the site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the page, then select and place the Search Terms widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog box appears.
- You can change the following configuration options on the widget:
- Widget title - Click Change and enter a new name in the Widget Title field.
- Search term - Enter the term(s) and syntax you want to create a search for. See Supported search syntax for the types of operators you can use.
- Sort by -
- Date (descending) - Results are listed with the most recent result first.
- Date (ascending) - Results are listed with the oldest result first.
- Title (descending) - Results are listed in reverse alphanumeric order.
- Title (ascending) - Results are listed in alphanumeric order.
- Number of results to display - The number of items to display in the list. Defaults to 5.
- Load results asynchronously - If selected, this option enables the widget to use Ajax.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.