Table of Contents
Quick Post displays a form for creating a status message for the site or current group.
Quick Post requires search to be able to work.
This widget works on just about any page on the site. However, it is context-sensitive. For example, if you place it on an application post page or application Home page, it will only post to that application (for example, on a blog page, you can only publish to that blog). If you place it on a group home page, it will display tabs for all applications available in the group (but not its subgroups) and will prompt you for applications (for example, "Publish to blog: Zimbra Community80-Blog") in the group. If you place it on the site home page, it will display tabs for all applications available on the site, including groups and subgroups, and will prompt you to choose from the available choices per application.
By default when you create a group, it defaults to allow status message posting on the group home page Quick Post widget. However, once the group is created, the Group options page has an "Enable messages" check box that can disable status messages by being deselected. Deselecting the check box prevents group members from seeing the Quick Post "Leave a message" tab on the group home Page - no matter how the widget is configured. However, this deselection will not disable status messages in subgroups.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
Click Edit page, then select and place the Quick Post widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- Click Change if you want to change the widget's title, such as from "Quick Post" to "Fast posting," and enter the new title in the Widget Title field.
- In the Status Message Prompt field, - click Change to present the user with a different prompt message - such as "Post your message."
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.
Quick Post status messages and application post stories appear in the Activity Story Stream subject to a few conditions for that widget. The only limit on what is posted using the Quick Post widget is how it's scoped - to allow status and application posts within the context, or to only allow status messages.