Displays a full list of groups.
Where it works
This widget works on nearly any page on the site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Group - List widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can change the following options:
- Widget title - Enter a new name for the widget if desired.
- Show - Specifies the items that display in the group list. This option displays as Accessing User's Groups from the Dashboard context. The Show drop-down list contains the following options:
- Current contextual group's subgroups - Displays the subgroups of the current group.
- Current contextual user's groups - Displays the groups owned by the user who owns the current group.
- Accessing user's groups - Displays the groups to which you belong.
- View Type - Specifies the information displayed about the groups in the list.
- List - Displays information about the groups in the list, such as group avatar, group description, author, author avatar, and application.
- Thumbnails - Displays the avatar image for the group avatar, and displays less information for the group than List view does.
- - Choose one of the following options:
- Group hierarchy - Displays the groups in their hierarchy (such sub-groups organized under their parent group).
- Alphabetical - Lists groups alphabetically. Numerals come before letters in alphabetical order.
- Last updated Date - Lists groups based upon when the group content was last updated.
- Sort order - Specifies whether the groups display in ascending or descending order. Choose from the following options:
- Ascending - Starts with A or newest date first.
- Descending - Starts with Z (or letter closest to it) or oldest date first.
- Number of Items to Display - Specifies the number of items to display in the list. Defaults to 10.
- Click Save and exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.