If there is an existing role that has most of the permissions you want to grant to a new role, you can clone that existing role, rename it, and customize it.
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Membership Administration > Member and Roles > Manage Site Roles.
- Choose the role you want to clone from the Site Role drop-down list.
- Click Clone Role. The name is renamed to Clone of <role name>, the permissions granted for the existing role are duplicated in the clone's Granted Permissions list, and the role icon is duplicated.
- Change the clone role's Name.
- Change the clone role's Description.
- As desired, modify the clone role's permissions in the Granted Permissions list.
- Click Save. The clone role's new name is displayed in the Site Role drop-down list as confirmation that the role was successfully created.