Table of Contents
The Score service of Zimbra Social creates ongoing calculations of content quality, author quality, abusiveness, abuse reporter effectiveness, etc. The configuration of all scores is located on the Site Administration > Site Configuration > Score Configuration page.
This page lists all scores currently in use in the community. It displays the half-life of a selected score (for example, making new content score higher than old content by gradually reducing the content's score over time); the metrics that contribute to each score, and the metrics' weighting in the score.
On the Score Configuration page, as you click a score in the left-hand column, you will see its component metrics change under Weight in the right-hand column. For example, the following screen shows the Content Quality score, its decay half-life, and some metrics that contribute to the score under Weight. (For more information about metrics, please see this article.)
To add or remove a metric from a score, please see Add or remove metrics in scores.
By default, each metric in each score defaults to the middle (normal) of a sliding scale from off to less to normal to more. Note there is no quantitative setting for these weights. They are relative to each other within the score.
- Sliding the metric weight slider to "off" means the metric will not be used in calculating any score that would normally contain it.
- Sliding the metric weight slider to "less" means the metric will count less than it normally would toward scores that contain it.
- Sliding the metric weight slider to "normal" means the metric will count its default weight toward calculating scores containing it.
- Sliding the metric weight slider to "more" means the metric will count more than it normally would toward calculating scores containing it.
Note that the scores on the Score Configuration page reach across the site into groups and applications. Scores and the metrics they contain can't be changed at the group or application level. (However, you can override the score decay, or aging, at the application level.)
To change the weight of a metric within a score, thereby modifying how the score is calculated:
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Score Configuration.
- In the left column, click the score you want to change the metric in (for example, Content Quality). The screen changes to display the score's metrics.
- Locate the metric you want to amplify or minimize and slide its selection slider accordingly with your mouse.
- Click Save.