You can set the permissions for roles on the Control Panel's forum Permissions page.
To set blog permissions:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Blog Administration > Blogs and Groups > Blogs > [blog name] > Edit > Permissions page.
- Select a role from the Role drop-down list. The default permissions assigned to the role at the group level appear in the Granted permission list.
The Available permissions box lists permissions that can be assigned to the role within the blog context. The Granted permissions box reflects the group-level permissions already granted to the role in the blog context.
- Assign permissions to the role by moving them between the Available permissions and Granted permissions boxes with the arrow buttons:
- Blog - Attach Local Files - Role can upload and attach files to a post.
- Blog - Attach Remote Files - Role can link to media hosted on a separate server.
- Blog - Create Comments - Role can create comments on blog posts.
- Blog - Create Posts - Role can create new blog posts.
- Blog - Delete Comments - Role can delete blog post comments.
- Blog - Delete Posts - Role can delete blog posts.
- Blog - Edit Theme - Role can modify theme pages, import/export theme configuration, and change the theme for a blog.
- Blog - Manage Content Pages - Blog can add, edit, or delete custom pages for this blog.
- Blog - Moderate - Role can approve blog posts, comments, and manage spam.
- Blog - Edit Settings - Role can edit the settings for this blog.
- Blog - Edit Comments - Role can modify blog post comments.
- Blog - Edit Posts - Role can modify blog posts, including tags and featured content settings.
- Blog - Bypass Validation - Role can bypass file type (extension) restrictions when uploading files (depends on Blogs - Attach Locally Files permission).
- Blog - Rate Posts - Role can rate blog posts.
- Blog - Read Content - Role can access blog post content, RSS and ATOM feeds, associated tags, and create pingback and trackback links.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
- Create a new blog
- Default site, group, and application permissions for roles
- Permissions defined - Contains the forum IDs of these permissions.