Table of Contents
- Zimbra Event Calendar 4.0 is compatible only with Zimbra Community 8.0. It is not compatible with prior releases of Telligent Community. However, if you previously had version 3.0 of Calendar, you may need to migrate your tags and comment data from the previous calendar files to the core services. The /Control Panel/CalendarMigrationTool.aspx page is provided for this purpose.
- Currently the Zimbra Event Calendar does not support installation on a case sensitive database.
Zimbra Event Calendar installs specific calendar permissions that are controlled at the group level. Note that you can only grant permissions for all calendars in the group, not for specific calendars.
It is recommended that you back up your entire Web directory before performing any installs.
- Obtain the full installation package from the downloads page. (This package also contains the Zimbra Event Calendar installation.)
- Open the Extensions folder and unzip the ZimbraEventCalendar zip file.
- Copy the contents of /Web to your web installation directory. The /Web folder contents of the installation package mirrors the Zimbra Community web structure.
It is recommended that you do a full database backup before installing SQL.
The installation package contains a folder called /SqlScripts which contains the necessary SQL files. The SQL files are prepended with a version number. This version should match the assembly version of Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar.dll in /Web/bin.
Run the install script located in your installation package.
- Go to the website's Control Panel page. Browse to the Manage Plugins page (System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins).
- Place a check mark next to the Event Calendar plugin.
- If you wish to use the geocoding features of the calendar, you should do the same to the Geocoding Provider and Geocoding Plugin Google Maps plugin.
- Click Save.
Enabling the "Event Calendar" plugin adds supplementary files to the site's themes, enables the Event Calendar tabs in the site and group navigation, and adds the Event Calendar pages and layouts. Server and/or browser caching may prevent these changes from being seen immediately. After enabling the plugin, restarting the Web site and/or clearing the browser cache should make the Zimbra Event Calendar functionality appear immediately.
- Locate the Web\bin folder in the Zimbra Event Calendar installation package and copy the dll files into the Job Service's folder.
If the Zimbra Community contains a custom theme based on Fiji or Enterprise then the Event Calendar Legacy Widgets plugin will need to be enabled in System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins.