Table of Contents
The entire Zimbra Ideas application is contained in a single file, greatly simplifying the installation process.
Zimbra Ideas works with Zimbra Community 8.0 using the Social, Fiji or Enterprise themes. It does not work with previous versions of Telligent products.
- Obtain the package from Zimbra Support.
- Copy the contents of the web folder from the Ideas zip file to your community web folder.
- Execute the script found at Sql\TelligentEvolutionExtensionsIdeationxxxx.sql against your Zimbra Community database.
Enable the Ideas Plugin in Control Panel:
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins.
- Click Ideas.
- (Optional) Click Ideas Activity and Ideas Challenge Activity. These plugins add Idea and Challenge activities to the activity stream and are not required to be enabled.
- (Optional) If you have imported a pre-8.0 theme (Fiji or Enterprise), click Ideas - Theme Compatibility. This plugin provides theme specific support for the Fiji and Enterprise themes and has no function if the Fiji and Enterprise themes have not been imported prior to the plugin being enabled.
- Click Save.
Note: If the ideas plugin is disabled, any existing ideas content in search will be remain in search until the next time the search job runs (default for the search job is every 2 minutes). When the ideas plugin is enabled again, all ideas content will be added back into search the next time search job runs.
- Copy Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Ideation.dll to the Job Scheduler root folder.
- Restart the Job Scheduler.
The site will work out of the box for members to contribute ideas and for admins to add or remove the widgets.
If you want to disable Ideas by disabling the Ideas plugin, you should also disable the Ideas Activity and Idea Challenges Activity plugins.