This widget gives friends the ability to see each other's online presence and gives the ability to chat directly through instant message (IM). Online or offline friends - or other community members - can be sought in the search field. Chats can be minimized by clicking minus (-) or expanded by clicking plus (+). One's presence indicator can be changed by clicking "Online" or "Offline."
Note that you can enable or disable sound notifications on the widget by clicking the speaker button.
This widget works in page footer at site level.
This widget is not configurable from the interface. (It does not have an edit button.)
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins.
- Select the Chat plugin check box.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click on the page.
- Click Edit Footer.
- Locate and place the User - Chat widget in the footer.
- Click Save Footer to exit the Footer.
- Click Save Page to exit the page.