The Mobile Application Builder for Zimbra Community native application is implemented using the Adobe PhoneGap framework. PhoneGap provides a service to build applications built on PhoneGap without having to install native platform SDKs and tools.
To use the Adobe PhoneGap Build service, you first need to create a custom PhoneGap Build package. This package is a ZIP file that contains the resources required by PhoneGap to build a native application. Zimbra provides two ways to create this build package:
To quickly create a native mobile application builder, the automated tool on this site can be used.
- Go to the package builder on this site.
- Complete the form and click "Download Package"
- Use the resulting ZIP file to continue the steps in Creating a branded app for mobile app stores.
Within the Mobile Application Builder download, the PhoneGap Build Package/ folder contains the starting point for a PhoneGap Build package. The contents of this folder can be customized to meet the needs of your mobile installation, specifically:
- Review the www/config.xml file and complete the steps identified in this file.
- Review the www/js/mobileconfig.js file and complete the steps identified in this file.
- Review all of the images in the res/ folder. These are used to identify icons and splashscreens for the resulting native app. Note that many different resolutions are required to support the varying screen sizes and pixel depths of all iOS and Android devices.
- Once your customizations are complete, zip the entire www/ folder and use the resulting ZIP file as your package for the PhoneGap Build service.