theme deployment question

Hi,

We are trying to upgrade from community v.9 to v.10 .We tried to switch to the Social Theme ( we have a custom theme) and we saw that all the pages are displayed differently, with a different layout, position of widgets etc. If we change all the widgets(place them correctly, reconfigure them) on every page,  and export the Social theme to a new environment, will the page changes also be saved and carried out within the theme?

Regards,

Silviu

Parents
  • A few things to be careful about with exporting between environments:

1. Ensure that the source environment is a direct backup of the target environment, otherwise specific application selection/configuration in things like navigation or list filters will be lost (since the applications/groups are not the same).
    2. As much as possible, work within group defaults to define base page definitions. When editing a theme (other than the site theme), be sure to click the "Edit Default Theme" option when managing the theme to ensure you're editing the default theme. Changes within a specific group or blog, for example, are only made to that group/blog and will need to be exported individually. By keeping changes in the default theme, you're ensuring a base layout for all existing and future groups/blogs

For more details about how themes work (types of themes, versions of themes), see

Themes are used by Telligent Community to layout, style, and organize the functionality of the web user experience. A theme defines the cascading stylesheets, global javascript, and the functionality…
    Last edited in Telligent Community 10.x > User Documentation

and 

The look and feel of a community is fully customizable using drag and drop rearrangement to fully custom development and integration with external site and applications. [toc] Themes User interface…
    Last edited in Telligent Community 10.x > User Documentation

• I'm having issues with the exports. We currently have two environments who have are backups/copies of our production community.

We upgraded both environments to v.10.1.7 and we migrated the themes to the Social Theme. I made changes to one environment, changing the homepage, and the layout and widgets on some pages. From this environment I exported the theme and imported it in the second environment (approved/publish all the changes brought by importing the theme) and I see that the changes are not being passed on, and even worse it ruins the pages and homepage by wrongfully placing widgets. I've made a page export of the homepage and it does the same, it is messing up widgets in the homepage of the destination environment.

• I'm having issues with the exports. We currently have two environments who have are backups/copies of our production community.

We upgraded both environments to v.10.1.7 and we migrated the themes to the Social Theme. I made changes to one environment, changing the homepage, and the layout and widgets on some pages. From this environment I exported the theme and imported it in the second environment (approved/publish all the changes brought by importing the theme) and I see that the changes are not being passed on, and even worse it ruins the pages and homepage by wrongfully placing widgets. I've made a page export of the homepage and it does the same, it is messing up widgets in the homepage of the destination environment.

Children