Problem with MP4 files playing in browser

I upload MP4 files often that are frequently up to about 60 MB.  They are files that have been recorded from GoToWebinar (GTW) sessions and converted to the MP4 file format (either via download from GTW) or converted on my local PC.

Frequently, the embedded file will not play in the browser and the only option is for the user to download the file to play it.

I haven't been able to determine why this is occurring. It seems to happen with smaller files and larger files alike and with files either downloaded from GTW or converted to MP4 on my own machine.  Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.  Sometimes I can re-upload the file and it will then work.  I have noticed that sometimes the upload of the same file might upload slowly and other times quickly. When it is quick, it seems like the file will then play in the browser.

When it won't play, you see the video player control with the play/pause button, and the slider for the time, but the slider doesn't work and the section of the page where the video would show an intro/preview slide is just a large blank area.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Parents Reply Children