Full search not working

Hi guys,

just noticed a weird problem: we have a search bar on top right corner of the page, similar to the on used in the Enterprise theme. Actually its the same widget (Site - Search) which I didn't change in the widget studio, therefore it should be factory new ;)

The quick search works perfectly, after typing a single letter the suggestions already pop up. But as soon as I hit enter or "show all" the page just turns white. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions where the cause of the error could be found?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Parents
  • Hi .

A few questions:

1. What's the full version of Community you're using?
    2. Are any exceptions being logged in the control panel when this occurs?
    3. If you open the browser's JavaScript console, are any errors logged on the client side when this occurs?
    4. You mention the Enterprise theme. Is this an upgrade from Telligent Enterprise? Could you export and share the widget?
    5. Would it be possible to include an HTTP trace when this occurs, using a tool like Fiddler?

Thanks!

• Hallo Michael, thanks for your reply!

1. We use Telligent 9.2.0.4977

2. I just checked the exceptions (I hope I'm correct by going to the Admin Panel > Monitoring > Exceptions), but there are none. Ofc I just started a search request a few minutes ago, but nothing is logged.

3. We are using IE 11 as default (sadly.) - if I hit F12 to open the console, it shows me nearly nothing. Console tells me: 0 Errors, 3 Warnings, 1 message. Warnings basically just say that the page is not HTML Doctype conform. If I look in the "debugger" tab, theres just one line: "Error while opening https//....Telligent/search?q=test

4. The widget is factory default. Enterprise is the default theme for our Telligent version - I kinda thought that's the default theme for any Telligent 9.x version?

5. Currently I cant use Fiddler, but I will try to install it next week and give you a more detailed report than.

Thanks for your help so far :)

• Hallo Michael, thanks for your reply!

1. We use Telligent 9.2.0.4977

2. I just checked the exceptions (I hope I'm correct by going to the Admin Panel > Monitoring > Exceptions), but there are none. Ofc I just started a search request a few minutes ago, but nothing is logged.

3. We are using IE 11 as default (sadly.) - if I hit F12 to open the console, it shows me nearly nothing. Console tells me: 0 Errors, 3 Warnings, 1 message. Warnings basically just say that the page is not HTML Doctype conform. If I look in the "debugger" tab, theres just one line: "Error while opening https//....Telligent/search?q=test

4. The widget is factory default. Enterprise is the default theme for our Telligent version - I kinda thought that's the default theme for any Telligent 9.x version?

5. Currently I cant use Fiddler, but I will try to install it next week and give you a more detailed report than.

Thanks for your help so far :)

Children
No Data