Site navigation appears in group banner incorrectly, in a new group - bug, or config I can fix?

We moved to V12 a few weeks ago, and I've created my first new subgroup at the site level. The group banner color is surrounding the site navigation, and this is not the intent. Is this a new setting in V12? Other groups don't look like this.

Group banner for a group that was created before we went to V12:

Group banner for a group created today:

This is the theme options setting for the new group:

If this is a bug and I need to submit a ticket, I can do that...but I'm wondering if there's some setting I need to change that was reset to "factory settings" when we went to V12.   or   do you have insight on this? Thanks!

Edited question text.
[edited by: Sherri Vance at 3:54 PM (GMT 0) on Mon, Aug 16 2021]
Parents
  • It looks like you may need to move the navigation widget to the header region of the header layout in the group default theme. Inheriting ensures that locked widgets in the parent theme are included in the child theme, but the widgets can still be moved on the child theme. Its possible that the default group theme header either doesn't have the navigation widget or its placed within the body region instead of the header region.

• It looks like you may need to move the navigation widget to the header region of the header layout in the group default theme. Inheriting ensures that locked widgets in the parent theme are included in the child theme, but the widgets can still be moved on the child theme. Its possible that the default group theme header either doesn't have the navigation widget or its placed within the body region instead of the header region.

Children