You can whitelist certain IP addresses or networks for admin access to your community by enabling a plugin, "Block admin login to IP addresses." This plugin blocks every address not in the list of IP addresses (or networks) from logging into an admin account. However, if you are local to the machine - meaning logged into the server itself, and not just on the same network - you are trusted.
- Navigate to Control Panel > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins. The Manage Plugins page appears.
- Select the Block admin login to IP addresses check box.
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to the plugin.
- Click Configure. The configuration dialog box appears.
- If you want to allow only specific IP addresses to access your community as an admin, specify this or these IP addresses in the Allowed IP Address field separated by a comma.
- If you want to allow ranges of IP addresses for a network to access your community as admin, specify this range in the Allowed IP networks field separated by hyphens. Separate ranges with a comma.
- Click Save in the dialog box.