Announcement pinned across all pages

Our forum is going to be down for a couple of days while we upgrade to version 11. I am looking to pin an announcement across all pages of the site, preferably in the header. 

What is my best bet for adding this by widget? I have tried a couple of them, but they do not stay visible as you drill down into various groups and apps in the site. Any help is appreciated. 

Parents
  • Hi great question!

The easiest/quickest way to do this is by using a Generic Content widget that is locked in the header. Here are some step by step directions to accomplish this: Go to your site homepage. As an admin, click Pencil > click Manage Site Theme > click Edit Page > hover over your header section and click Edit Header. Now search for the Generic Content widget > drag and drop it into your header in the desired location you want it to appear > click Configure (screenshot example below):

Add in your content into the body of the widget, format it however you would like. Label or delete the Widget Title if you would like a header for the widget. Click Save when done.

Now you want to click the Lock icon for the widget, which will lock that widget to be shown in the header across the entire site. Meaning if you show the header on a given page, this widget will also be shown.

Go back to the fly-out admin panel on the left side > click Publish.

Let me know if this does or doesn't work for you!

• Hi great question!

The easiest/quickest way to do this is by using a Generic Content widget that is locked in the header. Here are some step by step directions to accomplish this: Go to your site homepage. As an admin, click Pencil > click Manage Site Theme > click Edit Page > hover over your header section and click Edit Header. Now search for the Generic Content widget > drag and drop it into your header in the desired location you want it to appear > click Configure (screenshot example below):

Add in your content into the body of the widget, format it however you would like. Label or delete the Widget Title if you would like a header for the widget. Click Save when done.

Now you want to click the Lock icon for the widget, which will lock that widget to be shown in the header across the entire site. Meaning if you show the header on a given page, this widget will also be shown.

Go back to the fly-out admin panel on the left side > click Publish.

Let me know if this does or doesn't work for you!

Children