Replying to the post via email creating a new thread

Creating a forum post via email. Replying to the post via email causes it to create a new thread rather than appending to the existing one. And reply count is also showing as 0. Looks like it is generating a new thread id for each reply.

There is no issue when replying to post from UI. Looks like it is generating a new thread id for each reply.

Is there any way to find out this issue?

Thanks.

Parents Reply
  • I've got a test setup running on 11.1.7 and I successfully sent a reply to a thread email and had it created as a reply on the site.

Can I ask more about your scenario? Are you replying to an email sent from the site? Are you replying as the same user?

For further investigation, could you do the following:

• Turn on message header logging in Administration > Site > Email Options in the Mail Gateway General configuration section.
    • Attempt your scenario again: send a test email to the site, attempt to send a test reply email but it gets created as a new thread.
    • View the event log for email related events with message headers, collect and include them here
    • Save the emails from Community (the "new thread created" ones) and include them here.

I'll also throw in a note here that we highly recommend you upgrade to a newer version.

Children