Ideation Status by Group

Hi All,

Hope you are all staying healthy during this troubling time.

I am trying to figure out a way to create two different set of Idea statuses for different groups. I see only one master list in the admin panel. Has anyone done this before?

Example: 

MW Group is using Ideas and the statuses relate to review and implementation by our company. (Under review, Approved, In Development)

I need to create new statuses for a new group that relate to projects being submitted and accepted by our community. (New Project, Thumbs Up, Highly Rated, etc.)

Thanks for your help!

Parents
  • Idea statuses are set at the community level and aren't aware of the specific group in which they are used. The only possible way to work around that behavior that I can think of offhand is to create a copy of and customize the Ideas - Create/Edit Idea Status widget.

The customization would need to define a list of allowed idea statuses for each group:

#set($groupSpecificStatuses1 = ['one','two'])

Then prior to rendering the available statuses check which group it was in:

#foreach ($status in $telligentIdeas_v1_statuses.List())
        #if ( $group.id == 4 )

and then compare the status list you defined with those returned by the system (showing only those that passed that check).

#foreach ($status in $telligentIdeas_v1_statuses.List())
        #if ( $group.id == 4 )
            #foreach ($groupSpecificStatus in $groupSpecificStatuses1)
                #if ( $status.Key == $groupSpecificStatus)
                    <option value="$status.Key" #if($idea.Status.Key == $status.Key || ($idea.Status.Key == '' && $status.IsDefault))selected="selected"#end>$status.Name</option> 
                #end

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to make sure that I understand your response. I would have to update the HTML for the Ideas widget with code similar to above that contains the proper values? 

Reply Children