PDFs open in a new window?

I have PDF"s on my site for public view. These PDF"s automatically download on my computer instead of opening in a new window. On my internet browser (Google Chrome or IE) the files will auto download. On my IOS mobile phone they open in a new window.   Is there a way to have the PDF open in a new window?

My community is on Telligent 11

I do not want to have the PDF be available by the file viewer, this is not the experience we'd like.

I've changed settings in my browsers and this did not change the end user experience.

Parents
  • For most downloads, the platform forces the file to be downloaded in favor of enabling the browser to render the file. Currently, only images are allowed to be shown directly in the browser. I've logged an improvement/bug to add PDFs to the list of file types that should be rendered in the browser directly (since all modern browsers now have PDF viewing capabilities):

TE-15161: Enable rendering of PDF files directly in the browser.

Completed for 12.0.0

Note that this wouldn't open the file in a new browser -- that behavior would be controlled by the link that is clicked to open the PDF file which is managed by the widget rendering the link (which can be customized/adjusted by modifying the widget, if desired).

• For most downloads, the platform forces the file to be downloaded in favor of enabling the browser to render the file. Currently, only images are allowed to be shown directly in the browser. I've logged an improvement/bug to add PDFs to the list of file types that should be rendered in the browser directly (since all modern browsers now have PDF viewing capabilities):

TE-15161: Enable rendering of PDF files directly in the browser.

Completed for 12.0.0

Note that this wouldn't open the file in a new browser -- that behavior would be controlled by the link that is clicked to open the PDF file which is managed by the widget rendering the link (which can be customized/adjusted by modifying the widget, if desired).

Children
No Data