API to get list of posts and media uploads for the Group

Hello.

I need to show the list of latest Community posts and media uploads on our web site for some particular Group. 

Are there any way get those lists by group key or id from Telligent API?

Any other ways to accomplish it?

We are on v 10.1.6.9599.

Thank, Vitaliy.

Parents Reply Children
  • Regarding "Community Posts". If you mean threads, what you have will work. But it won't cover thread replies, which is a separate REST endpoint, nor any of the the other types of community content.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve, you may find the activity story API useful, which returns the same data that can be rendered in the activity stream. This has the benefit of not requiring you to query all the different endpoints for different content. However, it 1) isn't guaranteed to include everything since users can disable stories for their activity, 2) isn't guaranteed to be in chronological order since it attempts to bump up important content and 3) groups multiple actions into single stories, such as a single story for new/recent thread replies to a single thread, or single story for multiple comments added to a single blog post.

• Thank you, Michael.

Yes, I was taking about list of threads w/o replies.

Not sure that story API will work in our case, as we need to pull the feed from particular group, not the whole Community and I don't see this possible with story API. 

Vitaliy.