Telligent 10.3 and accessing WIKI pages shows pencil icon for ordinary logged in user

in Telligent  version 10.3,   When I navigate to a wiki page, as an ordinary logged in user without admin privileges, I see a pencil icon that only should visible to admins to able to access any level of the admin panel. 

Please let us know how we can hide .

Thanks,

Ravinder

Parents Reply Children
  • Ravinder, does the Registered Users or Everyone role have the permission enabled? Even if Members does not it's still possible that this is available through another role.

It's also worth double checking that there isn't a custom role that these users have that may also give the Edit Pages permission.

• thanks Michael,

I  validated normal user these two permission allocated to normal registered user and found that only read permission is granted for the content not owned by them. 

• What is the full version of community you are running Administration > About > Version?

To confirm, the user is only a member of the Everyone and Registered Users role? Can you show what the permissions are for these roles by going to the wiki > Pencil Icon > Manage Wiki > Permissions > Site Roles  and show the permissions for both the Everyone & the Registered Users role?

Can you also do the same check by going to Manage Group > Permissions and check the Members permission here along permissions on the Site Roles tab for the Everyone & Registered Users?

If you go Administration > Membership > Roles > Registered Users > Permissions and if you change any permissions and save are there any exceptions logged?