Issue with deploying site to other server

Hello,

we've installed Telligent module on integration server and in the process to copy this to UAT server. We've copied the database and website on UAT and have created IIS binding for it. However, it looks like styles, lauouts etc are missing. I can see content and images only. when  l looked into filestorage folder, there are folders created with integration site URL reference. I am wondering if that's issue here as UAT site would have a different URL - http://community.canneslions-uat.lionsfestivals.com/

I am not sure why folders have been created with site URL but not with site name – this would surely create an issue while moving site from one server to another server ?

For example folder path on UAT server after copying from integration -C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Telligent\Web\filestorage\uifiles\2100\h\s\3fc3f82483d14ec485ef92e206116d49\g\5a9ebcc9049b4986a6716cde7706a61a\footer\1291327020\636929248872012127\http\communitycanneslions-integrationlionsfestivalscom

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Parents
  • Hi Priyankar,

Those files should usually be created as needed with the correct URL in them.

What errors are you seeing in the developer console in your browser when viewing the UAT site? Is the site loading just without styles?

Rhys

• Hi Rhys,

I see bunch of these errors and i guess its because it cant find correct CSS folder location

test-blog-for-uat:1 Refused to apply style from '' CSS file path "" because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.nt find the correct css file path

I cant see Admin panel either so not able to change URL through Site section area.

Regards,

Pri

• What is the full URL of the files that are erroring?

Why can't you get to the admin error, is this because you don't have admin rights, or because something is wrong with the admin area?

• Here is the full file path

Refused to apply style from 'http://community.canneslions-uat.lionsfestivals.com/cfs-file/__key/system/h-0000000000000805-http-communitycanneslions_2D00_uatlionsfestivalscom-80-css/platform.less' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.

• Cool, so it is generating the correct path for your URL, but the files aren't being created on disk.

Why can't you get to the admin error, is this because you don't have admin rights, or because something is wrong with the admin area?

• I wasn't able to go to admin section because of missing CSS, wasn't showing me that pencil icon. However, I managed to find Site setting area and changed the Site URL but I dont see folders name have been to changed to new site URL yet and still pages are being coming up without CSS 

• You may need to reset the caches.

If you have developer mode enabled (which you probably shouldn't on a UAT site), you can do this through the administration area > Development > Expire Caches > Expire UI caches and data.

Restarting the app pool may refresh that cache, but I'm not 100% certain.

• Hi Ryhs,

I've enabled the Developer mode through web.config file but I dont see this Caching setting anywhere in Admin section.
    Have you come across any such instance in past where changing the URL wont update the folder name in FileStorage?

Thanks,

Pri

• It's unlikely to update the folder name in filestorage, instead it will create a new folder with the correct path (but the original one will remain the same).

The Caches page should be under the Development section of the Administration area when Developer Mode is enabled:

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure without digging into the problem in more depth. Hopefully one of the Telligent team will have a suggestion.

• It's unlikely to update the folder name in filestorage, instead it will create a new folder with the correct path (but the original one will remain the same).

The Caches page should be under the Development section of the Administration area when Developer Mode is enabled:

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure without digging into the problem in more depth. Hopefully one of the Telligent team will have a suggestion.

Children
No Data