User search in group/manage group/ members

I was going to change the permission role for a group member (Manage Group/Members). When I search for the user to change the permissions, she can't be found. 

However, she is a member of the group based on role, and if I choose to add her and search there, she does show up with the message that she is already a member.

It looks  like this is happening with many users, now  that I'm experimenting with it, but all  based on site  role. The group is set to Public (Open Membership) but the Telligent site role Registered Users is added to it as a Member. Any insight on why this  is happening?

Parents
  • Thanks for the report - I'll log this internally for our team to look at. There may be a reason for this - for instance, you can't change permissions individually for users who are members by role only, since by definition their membership is via a role.

TE-14440

• Thanks, Steven. The odd thing is that some users who are members based on that same site role CAN be found. I think I may have found the pattern--users who are in a group via site role, but were added to Telligent through our SSO process (Okta) after we switched from  our previous technology platform (Jive) cannot be found. Users who were ported from Jive into that site role by Social Edge CAN be found. Does this help? Is this somehow related to how our Okta groups are communicating with site roles in Telligent? I'm curious if you've seen this before.

• Thanks, Steven. The odd thing is that some users who are members based on that same site role CAN be found. I think I may have found the pattern--users who are in a group via site role, but were added to Telligent through our SSO process (Okta) after we switched from  our previous technology platform (Jive) cannot be found. Users who were ported from Jive into that site role by Social Edge CAN be found. Does this help? Is this somehow related to how our Okta groups are communicating with site roles in Telligent? I'm curious if you've seen this before.

Children