Community upgrade 10.1->10.2 : Reporting problem

Hello

I just upgraded our test community from 10.1.2 to 10.2.3 and trying to install new Community Reporting system.

I setup new db, executed sql, copied files, updated connectionStrings, created task and now see next problems:

1. I don't see next roles in my CommunityReporting db:

• aspnet_Membership_FullAccess
  • aspnet_Profile_FullAccess

2. In the administration plugin selected with red color:

3. In ETL logs I see an error (manually run):

06:33:09 [INFO] BatchStartTask Starting BatchStartTask task
06:33:09 [INFO] BatchStartTask [Starting] Batch Create.
06:33:09 [EROR] BatchStartTask Task BatchStartTask failed after 00:00:00.0669916
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The reporting datetime offset value is missing. This value should be set within the 'Reporting' plugin.
at Telligent.ReportingETL.Data.Batch.<CreateBatch>d__45.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Telligent.ReportingETL.Tasks.BatchStartTask.<Execute>d__1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Telligent.ReportingETL.Tasks.TaskRunner.<RunTask>d__17.MoveNext()

{"Timestamp":"2018-10-18T13:14:24.4121836+00:00","Level":"Error","RenderedMessage":"Task \"BatchStartTask\" failed after 00:00:00.0520000","Exception":"System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The reporting datetime offset value is missing. This value should be set within the 'Reporting' plugin.\r\n at Telligent.ReportingETL.Data.Batch.<CreateBatch>d__45.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Telligent.ReportingETL.Tasks.BatchStartTask.<Execute>d__1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Telligent.ReportingETL.Tasks.TaskRunner.<RunTask>d__17.MoveNext()","Properties":{"Task":"BatchStartTask","Duration":"00:00:00.0520000"}}

4. In DB in te_PluginConfiguration table I see:
Telligent.Reporting.ReportingPlugin, Telligent.Reporting = TimeZone=UTC-11

Any thoughts?

Parents
  • Please confirm you have the correct values for your Reporting DB in your connectionstring.config file located in your web directory on all web nodes & job server.  Once verified, save the plugin again, if it still is red, attempt to recycle your app pool. 

I've corrected the documentation to remove the references to the db roles aspnet_Member_FullAccess & aspnet_Profile_FullAccess.

• Please confirm you have the correct values for your Reporting DB in your connectionstring.config file located in your web directory on all web nodes & job server.  Once verified, save the plugin again, if it still is red, attempt to recycle your app pool. 

I've corrected the documentation to remove the references to the db roles aspnet_Member_FullAccess & aspnet_Profile_FullAccess.

Children
  • Okey, I have added Reporting part into connectionStrings in Web folder (don't see that part in guide) and now can save plugin correctly.

But got new error:

11:39:16 [INFO] BatchStartTask Starting BatchStartTask task
    11:39:16 [INFO] BatchStartTask [Starting] Batch Create.
    11:39:16 [EROR] BatchStartTask Task BatchStartTask failed after 00:00:00.0919935
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'ControlValues', database 'CommunityReporting', schema 'dbo'.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

• I've tried to clarify the documentation a little better.  There are two different sets of accounts that need to be granted permissions when setting up Reporting.  The permissions for the account used in the Web\connectionstrings.config is different from the permissions used by the account in the ETL connectionstrings.config.

The permissions for the account in the Web\connectionstrings.config are specified in the Install Database section of the install community documentation:

Create logins and grant permissions:
    It is recommended to use separate accounts for accessing the community database and the reporting database.  If using integrated authentication, create logins for service accounts, otherwise create a new SQL login for the community.  (If using local service accounts, you will have to come back to this step later). 

Grant the community database login the following roles in the community's database:

• aspnet_Membership_FullAccess
    • aspnet_Profile_FullAccess
    • db_datareader
    • db_datawriter
    • db_ddladmin

Grant the reporting database login the following roles in the reporting database:

• db_datareader
    • db_datawriter
    • db_ddladmin

The permissions for the account in the ETL\connectionStrings.config have been corrected and are as follows:

Create login and grant permissions:
    The ETL process will read from the community database and write to the reporting database. It is recommended to use a separate login but not required. If using integrated authentication, create a login for the reporting service account, otherwise, create a new SQL login for the reporting. (If using local service accounts, you will have to come back to this step later).
    Grant this login the following roles in the community database.

• db_datareader

Grant this login the following roles in the reporting database.

• db_owner

I apologize for any confusion.

• Also, to clarify, the due to the differences in permissions, the accounts in the Web\connectionstring.config and the accounts in the ETL\connectionstrings.config should not be the same.

• Hi Brian,

We upgraded our Telligent instance too, from 10.1.10 to 10.3.2. I have installed the reporting tool applying those permissions and everything. I'm able to see the Reporting tab under Control Panel, I was able to create and run the task using the Task Scheduler and after finished, there are no errors in the logs, within the ETL folder, or in the Scheduler however, I can't see any data in the Reporting tab, all the values are 0. Any thoughts? Thanks