Default Group Home page

In 10.1 that default Group Home page just consists of the Set Up Your Community/Group widget. Once that is run the Home page for the group is set to a real group page layout. Where is that real group home page layout defined? 

Parents
  • The setup your community/group widget would need to be removed, then you can set a default layout ad widgets for the group.  The way the setup widget works, it would overwrite any reconfigured layout based on what was setup.

• But after you run the setup the home page for that group becomes a customized home page for that group. And that home page has a layout and widgets in it. The layout and widgets for that custom home page came from some configuration somewhere. I was thinking that maybe it was defined in the template-group-home-groups.xml file that is in the Setup your community/group widget. But that doesn't seem to be it. 

I have discussed changing the Group Theme default page to be the page layout we want, but my business owner likes the group creation automation of the Setup widget. But it leaves him having to change the home page settings for every site after the setup is complete. The other page templates are fine because those we can set in the default group theme.

• But after you run the setup the home page for that group becomes a customized home page for that group. And that home page has a layout and widgets in it. The layout and widgets for that custom home page came from some configuration somewhere. I was thinking that maybe it was defined in the template-group-home-groups.xml file that is in the Setup your community/group widget. But that doesn't seem to be it. 

I have discussed changing the Group Theme default page to be the page layout we want, but my business owner likes the group creation automation of the Setup widget. But it leaves him having to change the home page settings for every site after the setup is complete. The other page templates are fine because those we can set in the default group theme.

Children