How to globally edit group banner?

Hi there, I know I can go into a group; then Admin > manage group theme > edit this page > click on "edit header" > mouse over Group Banner widget > click the gear to configure the widget > Add navigation item > under link type, select Group Calendar(s) and give it a name > save.

Question: Is there a process that I could do this for all group banner widgets at once (globally)?

And if so, would it reset any differences in the group banner between groups to a standard configuration based on the global edit? Or only change what I changed?

Thanks in advance! (we're on 10.1.5)

Parents
  • Is there a process that I could do this for all group banner widgets at once (globally)?

You can manage the default configuration for every theme by going to Manage Group Theme > Manage Default Group Theme > Edit This Page > etc... and making changes to the default group header. To force these changes to all existing groups, lock the widget before publishing and the widget's existence and configuration (but not placement) will be locked on all groups using the theme.

would it reset any differences in the group banner between groups to a standard configuration based on the global edit? Or only change what I changed?

Locking the widget will also lock/overwrite the configuration used in each child group. Any customizations will be lost. When setting default navigation for groups, be sure to include all options for the current/contextual group to ensure that all applications within each group using this configuration will be accessible. When locking, individual groups will not be able to customize the configuration of the group banner widget.

• Thank you Ben! Sounds like if I want to maintain differences between child groups' banner (i.e. navigation) when I edit, I'll need to do them individually. I'm guessing that if we've disabled applications within the subgroups, that won't matter, but if anyone changed the navigation within those groups it will apply to all, and I'll need to modify the nav in the parent group to include all the possible items. 

To clarify, if I'm in a group that is a subgroup of the site root, and click on Manage Default Group Theme, is that the *global* group theme or just the theme for that subgroup and its subgroups?

Thanks again,
    Todd

• To clarify, if I'm in a group that is a subgroup of the site root, and click on Manage Default Group Theme, is that the *global* group theme or just the theme for that subgroup and its subgroups?

It is global. Changes will apply to the default for all groups, not just sub-groups.

Reply Children
No Data