Error updating event with widget API... are the docs correct?

I have a widget where I am passing in three form field values, and want to widget to update the body text of the event.  The parameters passed are...

• Calendar ID
  • Event ID
  • Body

The problem is that trying to update the event throws an exception on the server (stack trace below).

Here is the code I am using, which gets/converts the params to the required type and then prints out the values for debugging purposed.  That line that calls $calendar_v1_events.Update (commented out in this snippet) is the line that causes the exception.

#set($calendarId = $core_v2_utility.ParseInt($core_v2_page.GetFormValue('CalendarId')))
#set($eventId = $core_v2_utility.ParseInt($core_v2_page.GetFormValue('EventId')))
#set($body = $core_v2_page.GetFormValue('Body'))

Debugging: [$calendarId], [$eventId], [$body]

#set($options = "%{}")
$options.Add('Body', $body)

#set($event = false)
##set($event = $calendar_v1_events.Update($calendarId, $eventId, $options))

## ^^^ if I uncomment that line, it throws an exception

As an example, the debugging output for an event I want to update is this...

Debugging: [1], [923], [Test]

My only guess is that maybe the Update method really wants a contentId instead of an Id (for the calendar and/or event), but I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

The exception is...

UnknownException: An error occurred while rendering the scripted widget '_se_update_event_body' (221425a257b34f37a98090903d8abae9) ---> NVelocity.Exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'Update' in  Telligent.Evolution.Calendar.Plugins.WidgetApi.Implementation.Events threw exception System.NullReferenceException : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telligent.Evolution.Calendar.Plugins.WidgetApi.Implementation.Events.Update(Int32 calendarId, Int32 eventId, IDictionary options)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at NVelocity.Runtime.Parser.Node.ASTMethod.Execute(Object o, IInternalContextAdapter context)
   at NVelocity.Runtime.Parser.Node.ASTReference.Execute(Object o, IInternalContextAdapter context)
   at NVelocity.Runtime.Parser.Node.ASTSetDirective.Render(IInternalContextAdapter context, TextWriter writer)
   at NVelocity.Runtime.Parser.Node.SimpleNode.Render(IInternalContextAdapter context, TextWriter writer)
   at NVelocity.Template.Merge(IContext context, TextWriter writer)
   at Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Implementations.ScriptedContentFragmentRenderingService.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<RenderScriptInternal>b__0()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Implementations.ScriptedContentFragmentRenderingService.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<RenderScriptInternal>b__0()
   at Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Implementations.ScriptedContentFragmentOutputCachingService.Get(IContentFragment fragment, Control context, String cacheKey, Boolean cacheable, Func`1 getRenderedOutput)
   at Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Implementations.ScriptedContentFragmentRenderingService.RenderScriptInternal(ScriptedContentFragment contentFragment, NameValueCollection parameters, String templateName, Control context, Boolean throwExceptions, String cacheKey)
   at Telligent.Evolution.ScriptedContentFragments.Implementations.ScriptableEndpointService.HandleRequest(Guid instanceIdentifier, HttpContext context)
   at Telligent.Evolution.Rest.Implementation.Resources.Scripting.Scripted.<Register>b__6_0(IRestRequest request, HttpResponse httpResponse)

Parents Reply Children
No Data