10.1.4: Favicon keeps reverting to default

After upgrading to 10.1.4, we're having a terrible time getting our favicon.ico to persist in the Social theme. I go to Site root > Control Panel > Manage User Theme > Manage Site Theme > Edit this Theme > Supplementary Files, upload our custom favicon.ico, publish, and the favicon.ico is updated. Yay!—oh, wait. A few minutes later, the theme reverts right back to the OOTB favicon.ico! Don't get me wrong, the Telligent favicon is okay, but I'd really like to use our own favicon.ico file. Slight smile

What causes theme files to refresh like that? We have two load-balanced web nodes using the same application files (synced through DFS-R) and our CFS is on a shared UNC path. 

Parents
  • Can you please clarify your steps to update the favicon.ico?  I'm not sure where you're seeing the Manage User Theme option.

• Hi Brian,

Here's a quick video showing the steps.

After I recorded this, I noticed that the favicon.ico file I uploaded wasn't in the Supplementary Files list after I uploaded it. In the event log, I see multiple events showing that the favicon.ico was removed but there isn't an explanation for this behavior or the reason for so many attempts. Can you help me understand what's happening?

Event log shows favicon.ico was deleted from theme storage

• Can you try it with the name favicon.ico in all lowercase? 

• Looks like capitalization matters on Windows after all! I uploaded the favicon.ico (all lowercase) and it has been in place for ten minutes. Thanks, Brian!

Reply Children
No Data