Server Error in Application after installing 10.1 on my development machine

Following on from my previous problem installing 10.1 on my development system I am following the instructions "How do I install Telligent Community?" I got to the end of the "Install Website" section at point 5 and browsed the site as suggested.

I received the following error which appears to be related to the theme.

I can confirm that I am running using SQL Server 2014 and .NET 4.6.2 well actually 4.7 now.

Your suggestions on what the problem is casing this issue?

Parents Reply Children
  • Kevin,

It was indeed related to a user account.

The setup program appeared to have added s Telligent user account which did not exist. I set it to the local account and then it started without problems.

The Event log had not shown any errors or information relating to trying to login which was a bit of a surprise.

I must say that I am initially quite impressed with this version of Community and I next need to understand the issues related to upgrading from version 4.1 which we upgraded too in 2012 and first started using Telligent community in 2007 when it was called something like CS2007.1

Clearly the whole framework around themes and widgets is very different, but is it possible to convert our modified "Hawaii" theme to have a similar "Look & Feel" in 10.1 or is that a non starter?

Thank you for your support and answers and apologies for my silly mistake with the directory slashes

• is it possible to convert our modified "Hawaii" theme to have a similar "Look & Feel" in 10.1 or is that a non starter?

If possible, I'd recommend upgrading to use the Social theme. The Hawaii theme is no longer maintained (and hasn't been for a very long time), so much of the newer functionality that you get by upgrading will not be fully exposed by older themes.

• OK thank you for that and I will use a modified version of the included "Social Theme"

However, what about the upgrade of the database which has years of data which remains valid to our users today. Most of it is technical answers to product questions and issues which remain an important source of assistance for our users.

As a minimum we would need to migrate all the threads of all the forums. Is this achievable in your view and if so, where are the migrating issues going to be?

• The underlying data will be available within the new theme -- the theme is just the visual representation of the underlying data. The database upgrade will ensure that your discussions, blogs, etc are all available within the updated site with the new theme.