User Documentation

Hi,

Is there any decent user documentation for Telligent v10 around. I've only come across documentation with very limited information or lots of broken links!!

For instance I know how set the layout\theme\config\widgets for the landing page of a particular group once it's been created. But how do you set\edit the "Default" layout\theme\config\widgets for the "Group" landing pages.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Parents Reply Children
  • I understand the move. I would do that too. Essentially you are restructuring the wiki tree from alphabetical to logical content areas. Until recent releases, wiki sort order was ONLY alphabetical so I guess now that that is lifted, it is time to restructure.

I can assure you that we are extreme users of the platform and the documentation, especially in hybrid ops mode. Since the navigation was ....well... 'not very useful' in the past we already got used to search as our paradigm and we ALWAYS found what we looked for. That is no longer the case and that worries me. I'm fine with a restructure but not with a downgrade to Mickey Mouse state. The documentation was really good. Quirky but good :-)

I also point to a lot of urls in your documentation to train our Group owners. I guess your built in redirect schema (introduced in 9) is not working because I should have been redirected to the new archive url..

Can you confirm the content is retained and not stripped?

• We have moved the old documentation to the Telligent Community 10.x group as "Legacy User Documentation." It is available from the "All Documentation" page (in the main navigation of this site) and will soon be the target for redirects for old saved documentation links.

That is no longer the case and that worries me. I'm fine with a restructure but not with a downgrade to Mickey Mouse state. The documentation was really good. Quirky but good :-)

Some of the legacy documentation was inaccurate and/or not useful -- it explained self-explanatory items that changed frequently and became unmaintainable. We're working to migrate all up-to-date documents from the legacy documentation to the new documentation format. 

I guess your built in redirect schema (introduced in 9) is not working because I should have been redirected to the new archive url..

Unfortunately, the new documentation was created in a new wiki, so the existing pages were not updated and were not subject to redirect behavior. We should have a redirect in place soon for the legacy documentation URLs and, as we migrate existing documentation to the new format, those old URLs will redirect all the way to the new format in the new documentation location.

• If you move old EXISTING documentation (Group)  to a new location in the tree, the redirect should work automatically. Or am I missing something? We tested our UAT  environment and found that if we relocate a group to a new location, the redirect is not working as advertised. I guess we are diverting off topic. Currently I am interested in a proper working documentation. Is the the current documentation we see complete or just a trailer to the main thrust?

• Wilfried, there is an issue with moving a group and the redirect not working.  The issue has been identified and is scheduled to be fixed in the September service pack for 10.1.

TE-9404: Group Url Update Does Not Redirect

Completed for 10.1.1.7414

• Hi,  . We have 10.1 in the UAT. I tested it there but I'll be happy to test it once again. BTW, we rejected this release for other reasons and waiting for a new 10,1 build end Sept.

• This change is not in 10.1 RTM, it will be in September service pack.