10.0.2: Can't scroll to bottom of dialog

We've been having trouble scrolling to the bottom of widget dialogs since upgrading to 10.0.2 from 9.2. As you can see in the attached screenshot, when the viewport is not tall enough to fit the widget, the vertical scrollbar sometimes doesn't allow you to scroll to the bottom of the widget where the Save button is located! Any ideas why this is happening?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
[unlocked by: Kevin Cunningham at 1:39 AM (GMT -5) on Fri, Sep 1 2017]
Parents
  • I'm not sure what javascript is responsible for setting the height of the modal, but it appears the height of div.modal-content is calculated incorrectly. If I remove the local element style for height in developer tools, the scrollbar allows me to reach the Save button. This isn't going to work for our users, but it is at least a clue.

Screenshot of developer tools showing height CSS rule applied to modal

I'm hoping someone has an answer soon. I'm fielding complaints from users. 

• So it seems that there two scroll bars sitting on top of each other - if you scroll with the mouse wheel, you can scroll down to the save button.  You should be able to work around this with some CSS

.modal .modal-content {overflow:hidden;}

This issue as a whole is fixed in 10.1 - 10.1 has a reimplemented modals fix a number of odd scrolling issues that could arise in the old implementation, and to make them more mobile friendly.

• We definitely want to roll out 10.1 to address modals and other fixes (new UI for adding alt tags to images) but will have to wait a few weeks until the back-to-school pressure is off. I have made the CSS change and will write back if people are still having problems, though it appears to resolve the problem on my computer with a vertically challenged browser window. Sunglasses

Reply Children
No Data